Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Wow...

I am really speechless. Am i stupid or the standard of education nowadays have been lowered down? People are scoring As just like that. We studied just as hard and aren't any less smarter than them but why were our results ain't that impressive? General election coming? Well, it's just a mere allegation though.

Likewise, I personally think that our standard of education has definitely been lowered down compared to our parents' time. If you get an A those time, you'll be hailed as a freaking genius. Now, getting straight A is just like doing well in your exams. 

Nonetheless, it is a good platform to boost a person's confidence but if it gets too much, it's just giving false hope. Maybe that's why people's performance decrease after that. Received a text from an unrecognisable number from a church member saying that he is the happiest man alive because his daughter got straight As for her SPM. No offence but, I don't even know who is his daughter and I don't really favour boastful people. If I am close to your daughter, then i would feel really happy but i have no idea who is his daughter. 

After passing all the exams, all those marks didn't matter to me anymore. People do not even look at my STPM results for goodness sake. So, what's the big deal about that? Yes, you can be proud and all but even when my parents were proud of me, i didn't see them broadcasting my achievement to people. We'll just go have a nice dinner, be happy about it and life goes on. No celebration like open house or fancy parties.

My mom always tells me that " it doesn't matter how well you score in your paper but it's all about how you survive in the real world. Scoring like a boss in exams doesn't determine your future. And even if you are successful, always remember to be humble and know your roots. You are nothing without God's blessings." Those are the words which i hold on till now. 

But, i would like to congratulate those who did well and wish you guys all the best in the future undertakings. It' doesn't matter if you didn't score that well this time, but always remember that there's always another platform for you to excel in if you put your heart into it. I myself am not a star student but I am a living proof that hard work pays off if you work hard enough. But remember to have fun while you are at it...



No comments:

Post a Comment