Monday, October 28, 2013

The first Trip with the Crazies

So, I realized that it would not be fair for me to blog about my family trip to Phuket and not blog about the trip with the besties. Yeap... I went Thailand twice in a year! Thai and me had a thing going on this year.

So, how this trip happened?

Oh well, Rosh was browsing through Air Asia's website and she stumbled upon cheaper flight tickets to Krabi and thanks to the very advance technology nowadays, she whatsapp-ed Kee and me to ask us whether we are game for the trip. And within minutes, our flights were booked.

Then later, my two besties decided that HEY! Why not go Bangkok from Krabi since we are going to spend 6 days there. So, we booked another flight to Bangkok from Krabi. ( I told you I had a thing with Thailand this year). So, all done, hotel booked and we are just counting the days till the trip began!

The story will henceforth be explained by the pictures.

The three of us at the airport. I am on the phone with Thomas reporting every single thing. He was suffering from a slight separation anxiety at that moment. 

Before our parents allowed us to go on this trip, they made us promise them that we will follow a set of rules. We broke the first rule once we touched down in Bangkok! We ate by the road side. Thank God non of us suffered any diarrhea. 


So, our first destination, Ayutthya. ( I think that is the spelling). I remembered we had to wake up super early and you can definitely tell by looking at this picture! LOL!


We hired a tuk-tuk to bring us around. Actually, we are supposed to hire bicycles and cycle around but honestly, I secretly thanked the heaven we didn't because the weather was killing me! If i did not put on sunblock, I will be fried. Literally. Plus, in the end, we had to cycle back to the shop to return the bicycle!


Yeah... We visited a lot of temples, ruins and at one point, all of them looked the same to me. I love how we managed to be cultural while we were on our trip ( Thanks Rosh!)

This is Rosh sleeping on my oh-so-bony-yet-so-comfortable shoulder. We were exhausted! I think we all managed to lose some couple of pounds with all the walking and it was only day 1!


The next day, we visited a floating market in Amphawa. 




 They sell their seafood on their sampan. We literally had to walk down a narrow wooden stairs to collect our seafood. So, we appointed Rosh to get it for us. And she, being the braver one among us, also volunteered to go get it for us! The prawns were rather fresh and they were huge too. 



That night itself we went to Asiatique and the things there are not cheap and over rated. However, it is a tourists area rather than a local hang out place


This is the Bangkok train station. Initially, we wanted to take the train to Krabi but unfortunately, all of the trains were fully booked. So, we had to take a bus there. That was the only hiccup we had during our trip. We were cheated off our money! If any of you plan to go somewhere, use the train! Try to avoid tour buses! They are a rip off! It is rather unfortunate that we had to sit near the toilet and thus, we had to suffer for 12 hours smelling pee. Poor Kee nearly died half way. Half way through the journey, one french dude came down to pee and he was lamenting away how stinky it was. So, Kee, being the ever so helpful, started spraying some deodorant around and some of it entered that dude's mouth. He, not being a gentleman, started cursing and hurling verbal profanities at Kee. He started spitting about. The bus was a double deck bus. Nevertheless, we did make some nice friends though. After that incident, almost all ang mohs turn me off. We Asians always think Ang Mohs are gentleman. Well, guess what people, that is not always the case. On the other hand, I think Asian men are more docile and polite! 




 After the 12 hour ride, we finally reached Krabi!


We went around Krabi town to survey for the most affordable island hopping packages. 


We were on our way to the Islands!

We met some nice island hopping buddies! They are a nice couple! 





This is Aonang Beach during the evening. After the island hopping, Rosh wanted to go around Aonang beach but Kee wasn't feeling too well. So, I decided that since I am not feeling sick nor tired I will be the one accompanying Rosh!



The trip started with the rushing, loads of walking, sweating and legs paining but it ended in the most relaxing mode! It was perfect! Although we had our little disagreements but we worked things out and we discovered more about each other with this trip. I love how this trip impacted my life personally because I always thought that I wanted the most independent life away from my family. This trip really made me cherish my friendship with the two crazies, my family and of course, Thomas. I would be lying to say I didn't miss that guy. 

So, I went on this trip during March and now, it is October. I didn't blog about it then because everything was so fresh in my mind then and I wasn't missing Thailand that much then. Now, while I reminisce all that, there is a tinge in my heart and I would be like "awwww, I miss the trip". This is when I know I am ready to blog about the trip. 



On the way back to Malaysia!



















No comments:

Post a Comment