Saturday, July 28, 2012

Updates

It has been quite a while since the last I updated my blog. I had been busy although i finished my exams long ago. I am currently working as a Beauty Advisor admin. Glamorous name I know, but, really, it's just an admin work.

I admit, there were difficult times working and many asked me why not go and work in a law firm. Well, I am just a mere first year student and my knowledge about law is not that thorough and I am rather sure that most lawyers will have no time to coach a freshie like me. I would rather be a second or third year student when I offer my service to a law firm, big or small.

People in the office comes from many background and have different attitudes. Some are exemplary while some are just plain annoying. Working in a rather large corporate and being one of the most lowest of the class have its advantages and disadvantages. I learned that when you are at the bottom, the ones above you will definitely try to show their superiority towards you or, in other words, bully you.

When I first worked, life is not looking good for me. Works came pouring in and people gave me cold shoulders. Heck, I even had to do some hard and dangerous work. I had to carry boxes of beauty products and arrange them, send them and etc. The boxes were heavy. Seeing me, a rather thin gal, no one in the office offered to help. They rather sit and chit chat or laugh away. Most men just walked pass me as if I am like a stone by the roadside.

There are several times I bruised myself carrying all the boxes and there are times, I broke down in tears. I had to work overtime if I am unable to finish my work. There aren't any extra payment for that, mind you.
However, I told myself, just endure it because by the end of the day, I know I will be a stronger person and the experience I gain would be priceless.

Now, I don't care if no one talks to me. I stop smiling to people who gave me sneering glances and judge me from head to toe. Heck, I even built some muscles carrying all the boxes. So what if all the men just walked pass me and ignored me while I struggled with the packages. At least now I keep in mind that not all men are gentlemen. I noticed I am getting better in my typing and admin job too.

I realised that if I would have given up a month ago, I would not be able to learn all that. Patience had indeed reward me with experience, more valuable than gold. I just hope that whatever I learned, I am able to practice it in my future undertakings.

Working life is not easy, but it is not difficult either. Some would just want to earn fast and large money and ignore their morals in life. They do not care whose money they take as long as it makes them rich. Personally,  if I want to earn big bucks, I would not have taken up this particular course. I would have pursue business or some easy course and start planning to earn big money.

I had been approached by people, introducing me to many multi-level marketing scheme, telling me I can achieve financial stability in no time. Yes, I know. But that is not something I am looking for. At this crucial age, still filled with passion in life, I want to use them before it die down. I will eventually think of earning big money but right now, I want to make my dream a reality before thinking about money. I know God will give me the income I deserve.




No comments:

Post a Comment